Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm Still Here

I apologize for the lack of posts this last week. I'd like to claim it's because I've been working like a mad scientist developing new recipes with amazing results. The reality is that I've been out of groceries and I just don't know how I can make chili dogs (read canned chili with hot dogs, sans buns, cheese and onion) sound appealing. Although I did broil the hot dogs to get those looks-like-it-was-cooked-over-a-fire blisters...that was cool.

Anyway, I finally made it out grocery shopping - with 2 kids in tow in less than an hour thankyouverymuch! - so I should be back in the kitchen soon. Tonight I'm making a casserole with a secret ingredient. Intrigued? You should be. I'd tell you what the ingredient is, but I think it's one that most people shy away from at the very mention of it's name. However, I'm going to ask you to trust me on this one...and...well...you'll see.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Ok, I am intrigued. But it better not be tripe. ;)

Kari said...

Oh Gwen, I do have to tell you how glad I am that you've made this blog. I'm making your Dinosaur Bones tonight and I'm so excited for them!!! Thanks for the recipes!