Monday, May 11, 2009

Taco Dip

Tonight we had tacos. I always cook a full pound of hamburger for the tacos, though my family barely eats 1/2 of it. Rather than putting it back in the refrigerator (letting it sit there at the back until it molds and I have to throw it away) I've begun to use it in this yummy taco dip.

1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 can refried beans
1/2 lb leftover seasoned taco meat
1/2 - 1 cup salsa
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread cream cheese into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Spread refried beans over the top of the cream cheese. Mix taco meat and salsa to taste, then spread over the beans. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and sides are bubbly. Serve with your favorite corn chips.

It's perfect for a game night!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

YUM! this sounds gooood. Too bad I never have leftover taco meat. My kids must be carnivores. I'll have to make extra next time just so I can make this dip!

Kari said...

Ooh that's such a perfect idea! What you said exactly fits our case too...we always have tons left over and then it ends up gross and moldy in a container in the back of the fridge. I'm so going to try this.

Goldie said...

Mmmmm...sounds cheesey and good! I want some!!!